ich bin neu, und Englisch

Rahmschwein

Pain Elemental
Originally posted by matrix6977@28.03.07, 16:14
Ah, well my last name is Behlen, I am glad at least some people know of this name. I am really surprised that you can speak somewhat fluent English (probably better then my German translations from babelfish) Let me ask another question, in America we see videos about how Germans and other people hate us, is that true or do you just hate the government we have here? And, is there alot of American tourists killed by your locals because we are just American?
Don't forget that there is much agitating propaganda "out there" (<<< on the internet) :D

many videos show specific people and groups as haters, racists, misantrophists,...

videos showing black men just as violent drug dealing criminals...
videos showing japanese people just as fanatics...
videos showing americans just as brainless patriots...
videos showing german / austrian people just as nazis...

Not every "hate propaganda" gets spread on purpose. Take "youtube" for example: A Video of a group of german skinheads, that attack some turkish people will be much more "famous" than a video of some friendly german, that is joking arount, drinking or whatever :)

The "tourist-killing-videos" are almost the same: Sure, there are incidents like this, but that doesn't mean, that it happens every day, week, month or year, but pictures of these exceptions are well known because they are "extreme", and so many people see them and think: "Oh my god, what a fucked up country".

It's like racism: Nice foreigners attract less attention, than the criminals...many people just see that "bad ones" and say: barbaric folks...

regarding the "hate against americans":
I don't know people in austria that hate americans. It's just a political thing. People don't hate americans, they hate the "global police"-behaviour of the american government :-)

Skulltaker

Knight
Hi Matt! :yeah:

@bot Als ich dein Text gelesen hab, dachte ich gleich an meiner Cousine. Die wahr mal für ein Jahr dort arbeiten. Sie wohnte bei einer Familie, die dachte wir Deutschen tragen ständig Lederhosen und trinken immer Bier. Also Sie denken Deutschland ist Bayern. Das wär genauso als denken wir Deutsche das die Amis alle Cowboys sind und alle Farbige Hip Hop hören und Gangster sind. ;)

Oh yes, in my cellar are being many of dead american tourists.
It's very easy to catch'em, cause they're all so fat on account of your Fast Food delusion.....

Yeah, i like prejudices !!

And BTW, Hostel was set in Czechia ;) not in "Third Reich"

matrix6977

King Boobus Tuber
lol Well, to set the record straight. Bush is an ignorant person who everyone in America also hates. We think it is messed up that He goes and does something wrong and makes our troops suffer for his actions and says that everyone in the world hates us. It isn't our face up on the television talking about how we are going to invade another country just to do it, it is his. And, about the movie thing, Hostel was just one example, they have quite a few movies about American tourists being "butchered" by German locals. And as far as the stereotype of all Germans being "Nazi's" it is true, I know my last name is German and when I lived in Pennsylvania all the black people there hated me because I'm white and German, they called me Hitler, skin head, Nazi, Jew killer, cracker. And I don't understand, obviously while slavery was going on, my ancestors were in Germany and Germans did not participate in American slavery against the blacks. And I have a question about my Last name Behlen, in America last names like Thompson means Thomas' son. As with say Smith would be someone whos ancestor was a smith of sometype, what does Behlen mean in German?

DeZomB

Orbb
I think a big problem is that many human beeing do not know what they are tlaking about.
Nazi and Skinhead are two different things.

For example in online games, you will be called nazi as german, but they do not know what it means.
This are only propaganda of media.

matrix6977

King Boobus Tuber
Well, the people I was around are very ignorant and mostly uneducated. I want to know more about Germans though, does anyone on here use aim? that can speak pretty good English? if you do, my aim s/n is obviously matrix6977 :D so message me sometime and we will talk.

matrix6977

King Boobus Tuber
Hey I got a few questions, How much is you gas over there? Also, Do you guys have a McDonald's or any fast food places. How much is a cheese burger? How much do cars cost over there? How much is a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk? How are the females over there? How cold does it get it in the winter. How hot is the summers? What kind of sports do you play? Do you watch American sports like football?

NachoKing

Undead
Originally posted by matrix6977@01.04.07, 04:18
Hey I got a few questions, How much is you gas over there? Also, Do you guys have a McDonald's or any fast food places. How much is a cheese burger? How much do cars cost over there? How much is a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk? How are the females over there? How cold does it get it in the winter. How hot is the summers? What kind of sports do you play? Do you watch American sports like football?
ATM it's around 1,30 Euro for 1 Liter Gasoline. And yes we have Burger King, McDonalds, Subway, KFC and so on :) And we've got Döner Kebap :lol:

At McDonalds the cheeseburger costs about 1 Euro. *hamburger too*
Here in Germany we drive mostly German Cars (Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Opel, VW ...) VW Golf 5 ( I think it's called Mark5 in the US) costs about 18.000 Euro but I'm not sure...

1KG bread costs around 1,20 Euro and 1 Liter Milk costs 50-60 cents.

The winters aren't very cold and the summers aren't very hot.. it rains alot (allthough it rains less than in the UK)

The widest spread sport is soccer.. Well there is no real competition for soccer :D .. Just soccer.

I watched the Super Bowl finale with a friend.. it was 4 am and we almost fell asleep.. Most american sports like football, hockey, baseball and basketball are too boring :P

A friend of mine was in the US for one year and they really asked him if we germans have refrigerators, washing machines... lol

matrix6977

King Boobus Tuber
I wish someone on here had aim, I would really like to talk to someone and get some good info, I am really thinking about moving to Germany in a few years.