Doom 3 Doom 3 editor

D

Domsablos

I got the map editor working after a fashion, but it crashes everytime I try and save a map. :(

so if anyone can help? a decent tutorial would be nice... in English plz.

D

Domsablos

I used to be realy good at making q3 maps... but I stopped for a reason I dont remember.
I think Doom3 has rekindled my interest for mapping and modding.

16 hehe

G

Ghost or Tron

euh ... ok listen :

1. You must use the Doom.QE4 and configure it (inside, remplace by your path)
2. Patch your Doom 3, with patch 1.3 (or 1.2)
3. Upgrade your files with the news "Materials"

I think all will be ok after.

?

Where find the files ? oh !

See my web site or send me email.

(Admin : this is not illegal files, just files to run the editor. Thx !)

:daumen:

Onan

Arch-Vile
You can also use our doom.qe4 file. You find it here, and the instructions are in german.

@Ghost: What do you mean with "patch your doom"? What does this patch do? endable single-player-mode or repare the textures?

G

Ghost or Tron

Yep ... it can correct some bugs to launch the editor. :stolz:

B

BNA!

Originally posted by Onan@20.12.02, 16:19
@Ghost: What do you mean with "patch your doom"? What does this patch do? endable single-player-mode or repare the textures?
There are no patches.
Only slightly rewritten config files.

Don't let anybody fool you.

G

Ghost or Tron

I don't know all about this patch v1.3 ... it correct bugs SURE !!!

Activated the menu, Textures, etc ...

:fuck:

B

BNA!

Originally posted by Ghost or Tron ®@22.12.02, 00:24
:fuck:
I didn't expect a better answer.
Don't try to fool other people and spread bullshit while HAVING zero knowledge.
There are no, read: no "bugs" in the Doom3 alpha one of your or any other little script file could correct.

The single player menu doesn't work? Well, open your def's and edit it.
That's nothing but reconfiguring things (with mostly zero knowledge about the inner workings of a 3D graphics engine).

M

Major Fleischer

Hehe BNA!, kick him :D He's the webmaster of a belgium Doom3 site... :daumen:

B

BNA!

Originally posted by Major Fleischer@22.12.02, 13:09
Hehe BNA!, kick him :D He's the webmaster of a belgium Doom3 site... :daumen:
Sorry.
Wasn't meant to be that harsh, but usually I don't like people who pose AND escape thier sentences with fu smileys.

The only thing these "patches" really contain are trojans.

If somebody rewrites a config file to access the menu, we would be well adviced not to advertise it as a patch (hence implifying the software is buggy and HE can fix it).
It would be more interesting to EXPLAIN the steps made and why he made it.

Kudos to everybody who undertakes the effort to get things going in a more conveniant way, but to claim it's patch is nothing but nonsense.

He might run a website mirroring mistakes and misinformations FROM others, but that doesn't make the info's more correct. At least he could be convinced by somebody to take down the overannoying soundfiles FROM the Doom zombies continously running in the background...

G

Ghost or Tron

Originally posted by BNA!@22.12.02, 18:47

The only thing these "patches" really contain are trojans.

:??: Trojan ??? no !!!!! NO NO NO .... ALL THE FILES I SHARE ON MY SERVER ARE VIRUS SCANNED ...
:no:

ThePatch v1.3 for Doom 3, I found on the web, was already there that Doom3Maps.de, was no existing ...

If you don't know this patch ... sorry for you ... but it correct my Alpha perfectly.
Yes perhaps, it correct menu, scripts or something else ... personal i use Norton Antivirus 2003 and nothing was found ...

Can you imagine that all people can edit scripts and make menu run ? LOL

No ! There is some user who just can run edonkey, download the alpha, and run the game ... don't ask them to change some scripts ... Pouahhh ... lol ... they can't ... they don't understand at all !

I just want to help them !

This patch solve some problem on my alpha, perhaps is solve problem on his !

Stop say that this patch is a projan, this is not !

But i don't understand why you don't want this player can use the alpha ? :??:

Yep, it correct textures, scrips menu, add missing files, etc ... i call all this a PATCH !! ok ?

Feel free this user to use it. They don't ... not my fault ...
My Alpha run perfect ...

P.S. : Menu missing ... how can you call this ? Error ? .. i call all this problems BUGS ! (Bugs inside scripts menu, Bugs for missing textures, Bugs for missing Doom3.q4E files, etc ...)

:wink:

B

BNA!

Originally posted by Ghost or Tron ®@23.12.02, 12:23
Stop say that this patch is a projan, this is not !
Misconception of terms:
If a "patch" recompiled as an exe contains any new executable file it infact is either a trojan or a neato virus.
If a "patch" is just an executable which extracts various editied script files to the apropriate directories it's harmless of course.

Before you insult me to stop something you sould reread my post: I didn't write that you are distributing malicious content.

Next point:
There are no bugs in the alpha.
As long as it's alpha it's unfair to point at any little script file and and call it buggy.
All the material files are perfectly bugfree - only the textures are absent which is pretty understandable since it was NEVER meant to get distributed.

Calling it buggy software is hurting id software by implifying to the tech unsavy user that it contains bugs hence it's a bad coded game which in fact it is not, quite the opposite.

So I ask you to stop call these files patches - call them reconfiguration files for easier use.

Next: My alpha runs perfect too.
What did I do?
I did set every rendering path in the DoomConfig.cfg to zero and did let make Doom the decision to set it to the correct path. End of story.

And well, yes, I can imagine users to edit simple text files to get the menu working, but I can also imagine that there are way too many users who can just switch their pc's on/off trying to mess around with the alpha.
They should either just wait for the final version or start to learn the workings of the software. Guiding people through the process of getting it to run is much more valuable than to let them place script codes and pray that they work. It's always the how to that's interesting with alpha software.

Alpha software is always only for people interested in technology, not for occasional gamers who want to feel a bit more hardcore by messing around with it.

However, I'm sure many people appreciate the rewritten configs.