Doom 3 The Dark Mod: FM Fiasco at Fauchard Street

MacX

Light Guard
Um den Einstieg beim Kreieren von Fan Missionen für The Dark Mod etwas zu vereinfachen, hat Melan im Schnellverfahren Fiasco at Fauchard Street erstellt.
Die gesamte Entwicklung der Fan Mission wurde in in dem nachfolgendem Thread dokumentiert:
fauchard55.jpg

Missionsbeschreibung
"Today, my contact Marchand has brought me news of a lucrative opportunity. Turns out there is a man living on Fauchard Street named Lendermann. His business is credit, but long gone are the days when he was just one of the usurers plying their trade in the poor districts of the City. Lendermann has risen in the world, and fancies himself a creditor for merchants, even nobility.

His house, once a ramshackle place close to a factory, has been refurbished with precious materials and furniture to prove once and for all he has made it. And his latest acquisition, a pouchful of opals, is too valuable not to attract attention sooner or later. Indeed, it is time to pay him a visit.

Lendermann knows this as well, and he has reputedly hired new guards to watch his place day and night. A frontal approach will be complicated, maybe even impossible. But every house has multiple ways in - and where the front door does not yield to a talented thief, another surely will. I will have to be careful, since I have very little equipment, and have even misplaced my rope arrows in the commotion of the tavern.

But this will have to be a quick job, since who knows how long it takes for the news to spread through the underworld, and how soon someone else seizes my opportunity - or stalks me to deprive me of my winnings on the way home... Marchand, reliable as he is, has a crucial flaw: for the life of him, he cannot keep his mouth shut. Better let him brag of a successful heist than a missed opportunity."

Herunterladen laden könnt ihr die Speedbuilding-FM hier.
Alternativ besteht natürlich auch die Möglichkeit die Fan Mission direkt über das TDM-Hauptmenü zu laden.

Diskussions-Thread im TDM-Forum: Fiasco at Fauchard Street by Melan (2011/05/01)

Anmerkungen:
  • Die Player-Map im Inventar hilft euch den richtigen Weg zu finden.
  • Fiasco at Fauchard Street ist keine Contest-FM
  • Ihr benötigt TDM v1.05, um die Map spielen zu können

Chronologische Einordnung:

Melan said:
All of my missions except Unbidden Guest (TMA²) take place in a common setting and involve the same protagonist, although under different aliases - Talbot, Messer Johannes, Philby and others. None of them require previous knowledge of previous FMs, but there are common elements and a degree of continuity. The missions, in current order, are:
  1. Prowler of the Dark (TDP/Gold¹) (S): liberate a skull of paganic enchantment from an abandoned church, which is kept sealed and guarded by the Builders.
  2. Return to the City (The Dark Mod) (M): plunder the other side of the Builder complex to steal a pack of explosives. Patrols have been heightened because of the recent break-in. (This mission connects to the previous along the North/South axis - too bad I didn't have the time to let you revisit some old areas)
  3. Fiasco at Fauchard Street (The Dark Mod) (M): steal a collection of opals from the house of a wealthy usurer. (<-- You are here!)
  4. Bad Debts (TMA²) (XL): fallen on hard times, you take a job from a diminutive snitch to steal his letter of debt from Markus, a pawnshop owner/usurer (looks like a common theme). Rooftop extravaganza.
  5. Disorientation (TMA²) (XL): following the events in the previous mission, you attract the unwanted attentions of Lady Azamlarg, district warden and judge, and have to break into her palace to deter her from further assassination attempts. More rooftops and conspiracies.
¹Thief: The Dark Project (Gold)
²Thief 2: The Metal Age

Für die TDM-Interessenten unter euch, kann ich noch das Interview mit Melan bei Mod DB empfehlen.

----------------------------------------------------
Eine Auflistung aller Fan Missionen findet ihr da: The Dark Mod - Missions

Last edited: