QuakeCon QuakeCon 2009

CruSAdeR

Maledict
Damit ist Rage das einzig verbleibende interessante Spiel von den 3 oben genannten.
Wobei Borderlands ja vielleicht noch ganz spaßig sein könnte.

Killah

Tank
Originally posted by Funky@Sonntag, 16.August 2009, 20:50 Uhr
Ja Bring ist zum Teil nur MP der SP ist nur zum Training.
Das ist total falsch. MP und SP sind miteinander verschmolzen. Du kannst spielen wie Du willst. Es gibt keine Levels im klassischen sinne sondern Maps mit SP Aufträgen, die man online auch miteinander spielen kann. (wenn man mag) Du kannst sogar mitten im Spiel einer Koop Kampagne beitreten / lassen. Brink wird was vollkommen experimentel - neues. Und deswegen mag ich's :D

MacX

Light Guard
@funky: Derselbe Link wurde doch schon 3 Beiträge vor dir geposted...

Da war GS ja wieder ganz fix. Das hatte der Todd schon kurz vor JC's Keynote gesagt, sprich am Donnerstag.
Naja, hauptsache die lassen sich Zeit für Doom 4. Je später die Infos kommen, desto besser. Bloß nicht zu viel zeigen oder versprechen ( jedenfalls nicht in frühen Entwicklungsstadien ). Das geht sonst nicht gut aus.

When it's done.

MvT ***

B.J. Blazkowicz
Gab es nicht an einem Tag die Rage-Demo mit Tim Willits? Irgendwo hinter verschlossenen Türen? Ich hoffe einer hat es geschaft das zu filmen. Wie damals bei der Doom3 Alpha Demo.

Killah

Tank
Und dieses Monster will Carmack auf den iPod laufen lassen? Aber die Texaner hatten es noch nie so mit Sparsamkeit, man siehe nur mal die Karren von denen an :D

Falls es jemanden interessiert, hier ein Feedback zu Liveaufführung von RAGE:

"I was at QCon this year and very excited to see both Brink and RAGE demos. Here's my take on RAGE:

Gorgeous graphics. I've never seen an outdoors desert vista done so well. Beats Crysis easily. Didn't see any foliage or jungle scenes, of course, but the level of geometric and or texture detail is mind-boggling. Humans are done better than any id game... still not convinced they top other developers, though. Sounds are nice and pack a punch when they should.

Explosions are fantastic and I really like the lightray-type blur effect that occurs at the instant of detonation. Voice acting seems to be up a notch from earlier releases... at least, in the short bits of gameplay I saw. I really wanted to see more physics interactions but there wasn't much opportunity. They did show a nice maneuver where Tim shot the planks off of a crate to expose his enemy hiding behind it. That got a good laugh and applause from the audience.

There are definitely moments where they send 3-6 weak enemies at you at once and you have a LOT of fantastic tactical choices. Tim showed off the "exploding remote control car" mission for the most part and he used a nice array of stealth, explosives, gadgets, turrets and light arms to take down enemies. You'll have some options beyond run-n-gun, which is nice. I didn't see much in the way of alternate paths, though.

Things still missing or less than wonderful after all these years (stuff id should know better about by now):

- Foliage pop.
- No vehicle entry/exit animation.
- No "catch" animation when using the boomerang.
- Parts didn't seem to fly off of the vehicles much... they just sort of blew up in a canned, albeit gorgeous explosion animation. This is a HUGE mistake in my opinion, considering all that can be done with vehicle damage these days. Burnout Paradise, GTA 4, etc. are fantastic in this regard. I expect the same from Rage. My hope is that they just aren't done with that part yet.
- Loading times... a bit high and there's just a screenshot with some info while you wait. I'd love to see them adopt a COD4 loading scheme where a briefing or video played while the rest of the assets loaded.
- AI was dumbed down for the console. Not sure if Tim was playing w/ God mode or what, but they never seemed to hit him when he was driving. That, or there's not enough visual feedback when you get hit while driving.
- Two of the enemies are reskinned Doom3 holdovers: There's an imp-like mutant that throws fireballs from its hand and a Commando Zombie-like boss with a tentacle arm that stretches out to whip you. Not really a bad thing, but a bit obvious and lacking imagination, in my opinion.

Sadly, there won't be any video 'til maybe after GamesCom... We were planning to stream the thing to the masses but they squashed that idea; you could barely take stills in there."

Hört sich eigentlich super an...

Ach ja btw: Quelle http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=23030