QuakeCon Oculus Rift Support auch für Doom 4 fest eingeplant

MacX

Light Guard
In einem Interview auf der QuakeCon verriet John Carmack, dass auch für Doom 4 eine volle Unterstützung des Oculus Rift geplant sei.
Hier zwei Zitate von John Carmack aus dem Artikel von The Verge:

The Verge said:
"I'm excited for once Doom 3 ships, and gets out there, I'll put all this stuff into the Doom 4 platform, which will be nice to take our current top-of-the-line stuff and have that in virtual reality," Carmack explained. "I'm looking forward to doing that."

The Verge said:
"It's going to be a fully supported feature on there, because I think I could justify — based on the response that we got from our 8-year-old re-release title on here, when we finally do end up giving demos on Doom 4, we're gonna say, 'Okay, here's all this great stuff, run through all this stuff,' everybody has a great time, and then at the end you can play it in virtual reality, and that'll just put the stamp on everything. So I think I have good justification for my continued involvement in it."

Für id Software ist das eine gute Gelegenheit die Vorreiterrolle in diesem Bereich einzunehmen. Das hängt natürlich davon ab, wie viel Zeit Epic Games und Valve benötigen, um ihre Engines dahingehend aufzurüsten. Wir können gespannt sein.

Quelle:
The Verge