QuakeCon QuakeCon-Rückblicke: Interview mit Tim Willits

unity

Arch-Vile
Tim Willits ist nicht seit nur über 20 Jahre bei id Software beschäftigt, er gehört auch zu den wichtigsten Mitarbeitern bei allen Spielentwicklungen der Kultschmiede. Ihr habt mit Sicherheit schon viele seiner Doom- und Quake-Maps gespielt. Er war während der Entwicklung von Rage Creative Director und in den letzten Jahren war er außerdem als Studio Director tätig. Darüber hinaus ist er schon länger einer der Hauptredner auf der QuakeCon. Und um den jährlichen Event geht es auch im mit der QuakeCon Community geführten Interview:

Any particular year that sticks out as particularly memorable?
My most memorable QuakeCon was the year we demoed Doom 3 multiplayer for the first time, it was QuakeCon 2003 at the Adam’s Mark Hotel. I remember the event because Robert Duffy and I stayed awake for two straight days trying to get the game running on the hardware we had for the show. We finally had the demo running literally 45 minutes before the doors opened –seriously, 45 minutes…

Is there a particularly memorable moment from the tournaments over the years you’d like to share?
My favorite tournament was the Nvidia sponsored id Software 2v2 CTF challenge we did a few years back. The challenge went like this; any 2-person team could challenge an id Software team on q3 _tourney6 (space map with CTF flags). This map was one of our favorite maps internally and we played 2v2 CTF on it almost daily, but no one else played the map like this –so we had a HUGE advantage. Since no one else played the map like we played it, no one could beat us. We played for hours and never lost. Yes, we played a map no one else ever played and yes, we played our rules, but in all honesty it was the only way we could ever win! Everyone still had fun and Nvidia still gave away a lot of video cards.

Tim-Willits-QuakeCon-2013-Stage-592x.jpg

Weiteres, wie die Spezifikationen seiner Spielekiste, seine Meinung zur kreativen Case-Mod-Szene, der Doom Mythbusters-Episode und wie oft er schon auf dem wichtigsten id-Event des Jahres dabei war, erfahrt ihr im ausführlichen Interview.

Quelle: QuakeCon Community

Tombery

Sarge
Die Rage Vorstellung fand ich auch taff von ihm, wo er sich sozusagen mit dem Flieger zur präsentation die xBox untern Arm geklemmt dann zur Vorstellung und das Game präsentierte.